The hot topic of the hour!
I'm just curious. The NCLB laws presents that if a school, has not performed to standards, parents will have school choice. Has anyone actually seen or experience this happen since the law was established? I mean, I have heard of a district here in Ga. having difficulty and loosing accreditation, but less than a year later, gaining the accreditation back. There was one year that I know a middle school in my district did not make AYP. Parents had choice, they took advantage of that choice for one year and mysteriously their old school has been making AYP ever since. My school has been making AYP. Is the AYP standard the same for everyone? I'm sorry, the proof is in the pudding, If everyone is making AYP, why is there still a huge achievement gap? If you ask me, There is a big wig out their " saying " Let them all make AYP so that we can keep everybody in place." (In their place)
What's the deal in Fla. I hear, that they have done great things to close the achievement gap between Hispanics and their counter parts. Are we trying to learn anything from them? Have they collected data long enough to even see results? If that's the case, then we should be seeing more representation of Hispanics in our schools, hospitals, law firms, STEMs fields or will we?
Just venting........ I'm just sick of the rat race. I don't understand why we are trying to be so sophisticated, I say call it like it is. Even in our educational system their is a hierarchy -why are we trying to look so much different from countries that have a class system? In my opinion, It's wrong but it's a reality. All children deserve a quality education, equal access but that's not the case is it? Does every classroom in your school has a projector and huge screen? Are the students in your school utilizing laptops, Kindles, or i - pads?
I know some private schools that do. What does that say? It's all about competition not equality.
No comments:
Post a Comment