Saturday, September 25, 2010

STEMS LESSON PLAN (OMG !)

I definitely needed to be re exposed to that level of planning. I have not seen a plan like that in over 10 years.  This STEMS lesson plan was totally in depth. I mean it addresses every detail. Planning at this level ensures that everyone, every student  is covered. I'm not sure how realistic and user friendly this plan would be for me every week. It seems great for a unit plan or  long range plans. Most educators are incorporating the information in their plans without really thinking about it. In my opinion the plan template really encourages you to think about what you are doing, focus on the goals, and including every student's need.

The 5 E's

I have had some experience and introduced to this model about four years ago. It is a good model for teaching science and every other academic subject.

I would love to hear from someone who uses the STEMS plan on a regular basis.

2 comments:

  1. Hello there!
    I also have used the 5E lesson plan format, especially when I was in college. It really does encourage you to think through all of the steps and to really break down what you are planning on doing. I agree that it is rather time consuming and somewhat redundant, however sometimes this type of plan is necessary. I have found that when I am doing a lesson where I want to make absoultely sure that all learning styles and students are addresses, this kind of planning is very good. I do not see this as applicable on a daily basis. I totally agree that this type of plan encourages you to really think things through and gives you prompts to help ensure that all needs are met.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I do understand how much of a time consuming process this is. I might recommend starting out by using this with lessons that you really hope to expand upon while growing more accustomed to the template.

    In general, I am a big fan of starting out small. For example, you might try setting a goal for doing one lesson plan a month using the template, and then working from there.

    What suggestions do others have? Amy

    ReplyDelete