Sunday, September 26, 2010

Melting Icebergs

Honestly,

I do not have a specific position on this topic. If the polar ice caps melted, I think that it would be proper to say that, this will have a direct negative affect on the animals, their habitats our  and our world. I would also think that the melting icecaps would be a form of a desrtuctive force that man has contributed to. We should  identify and use  prevenitive measures to keep this from happening.
I plan to do some more research on the matter so that I could contribute more to the discussion.

What are scientist saying about the prevention method that shoud be used?
Are the current methods making a difference?
What measures are taken to bring more awareness to the community?
.

2 comments:

  1. I find the melting icebergs an interesting topic. Did you know that the ocean acts like a sponge absorbing the excess CO2 in the atmosphere? Since there is so much CO2 released into the atmosphere the ocean is warming the ocean waters. The ocean can't keep up with absorbing the CO2. The waters at the equator are warm and rise to the poles causing the ocean currents. If the water is the same temperature all over then this impacts the ocean currents. I think it is fascinating how everything is connected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Something to consider is whether the experiment is a more accurate representation of glaciers (ice on land) or icebergs (ice in water). I hope this helps a little - let me know if you have any questions! Amy

    ReplyDelete